Routine, Urgent & Emergency Requests
When a service request is received by the North Haven representative, a service request number is assigned. The North Haven representative provides an approximate date and time the work is performed. There are three categories of service:
Failure or deficiencies in utility or structural systems that are an immediate danger or health hazard to residents, or threaten to damage property.
- A breakdown, stoppage or loss of a critical system or equipment for which life or property may be endangered if the repair is not promptly accomplished
- Breaks in water, wastewater or gas lines, gas leaks, equipment failure (i.e., inoperable refrigerator and heating system), utility outages, doors and windows that cannot be secured
If the emergency cannot be completely addressed during the initial visit, the maintenance technician will stabilize the situation and finish the request as soon as possible
- For homes with more than one bathroom, a clogged toilet is not an emergency. All other times will be handled during normal business hours.
Not categorized as an emergency, but has the potential to create a substantial inconvenience to the family.
- Contained water leaks
- One of two or more toilets or sinks are inoperable
- Partial power (e.g., no power upstairs)
These items do not warrant the attention of the emergency or urgent category but need to be addressed within a reasonable amount of time. The following are examples but not limited to:
- Leaky Faucets
- Screen Repair
- Functioning HVAC System that is not performing to specification
- Garage Doors