For your convenience we have listed common tasks that residents can easily self-maintain, most of which will only take a few minutes.
- Light Bulb replacement
- Doorstop and/or door bumper replacement
- Tighten loose screws on hinges and cabinet hardware
- Air Filter replacement for HVAC units
- Remove foreign matter from toilets, sinks and bathtub drains with a “plumber’s friend” (rubber suction cup plunger)
- Weed and upkeep plant and flower beds
- Maintain clean and unobstructed walking surfaces to include sidewalks, porches, patios, entryways, carports and driveways. To promote safety, areas should be free of plant and other growth.
For added convenience, we provide Residents with the following Self Help items at no cost.
Self Help items available* at your Community Center Office:
- Snow shovels
- Regular shovels
- Wide rakes
- Regular rakes
- Ice picks
- Hoses (very limited)
- Grass seed spreaders
- Grass seed
- Hose nozzles
- Electric weed eaters
- Manual reel mowers
- Electric snow throwers
*Items are subject to availability and seasonality; please contact your Community Office for more information at 907-869-3032.